Houston Long Term Care Planning Lawyers
Sooner or later, most families will face difficult circumstances relating to the long term care of aging parents, grandparents or other loved ones. At the law firm of Weiner & McCulloch, PLLC, we provide effective long term care planning services from an elder-centered perspective.
In addition to Tom McCulloch's experience, you benefit from the guidance of our elder care coordinator. As a result of our experience, we are involved in the aging community and are familiar with the local elder service providers and can effectively advise you about elder resources in the Houston area. Contact our offices today for more information regarding our long term care planning services, including placement, effective use of caregivers, as well as paying for long term care.
Effective Representation for Life Care Planning
We can help our clients in many ways, including:
- Identifying services to meet the needs of their elderly loved ones
- Gaining access to these services
- Developing strategies with you to pay for these services
We believe that good estate planning includes long term care planning, and accordingly, we have focused our legal practice on long term care planning matters.
At Weiner & McCulloch, PLLC, we use the terms "long term care planning," "life care planning" and "estate planning" interchangeably to describe the range of legal services incident to the legal, health care advocacy and permissible asset protection advice that we provide. We can explain how the decisions you make can affect your elder care planning, asset protection, revocable living trusts and taxes.
We realize families in crisis or transition face a number of difficult decisions. We integrate and coordinate services for families who want to carefully consider the quality of life, physical comfort and independence of aging parents or loved ones in a legal context or legal advocacy context. Effective long term care planning may avoid the need for hasty nursing home placement or ineffective home health care arrangements. We believe that your considered planning decisions made after consultation with our experienced team are better than those made in the ICU.
A Team of Professionals Addressing Your Individual Concerns
Our lawyers and staff, including an elder care coordinator, will work with you to identify your family's long term care needs and to determine the resources necessary to address these needs. Our objective is to secure the highest quality long term care possible for your parent or loved one, at the appropriate level consistent with his or her functionality and your family's circumstances.
Preparation of a life care plan may include as appropriate:
- Assessing your parent's medical, cognitive and emotional conditions
- Identifying the service options available for addressing your particular circumstances, including placement or in home care
- Traditional estate planning such as wills, powers of attorney and trusts
- Public benefits planning, including Medicaid and Veteran's Benefits
- Budgeting and addressing the expense and utilization of comprehensive life care services, policies or reverse mortgages
- Identifying the particular services your parent will need or prefer under different health, mobility or cognitive function conditions
- Tax planning
- Incorporating long term care strategies into standard estate planning instruments such as a will, power of attorney, advance health directive or trust, as appropriate.
- Asset protection or management strategies
Contact Our Experienced Elder Law Attorneys in Houston
To discuss your long term care insurance and other financial or asset protection planning concerns with a knowledgeable attorney who is also a CPA, and our team, contact our offices today to schedule a confidential consultation.